Rob Bell is Not a Heretic

Rob Bell has taken the Christian world by storm. The jeans wearing, chalk board using pastor who has his church in a shopping mall has turned the church up side down. He has a lot of people talking. He says what he thinks. He does not like glitz. He does like the power point. He favors stripping down the church to the bare bones. He talks of repainting the church. In his book Velvet Elvis he says, like with the Reformation we have to stop and think about what we want the church to be, we need to define for our time.

Some say he wants us to change the church make it relevant. He does not say it. He says we need to make it real for us. Too many Christians have not defined there faith but live on others' faith. There is hypocrisy and things that are not Christian. Bell wants us to think about why do we do what we do. I disagree with a lot that Bell says but I agree with a lot, too. I am screaming. I see the church and I see so much that does not belong. I am more conservative. I think we do need to stop and reevaluate. Are we behaving as a church as Christ would have us do? Too many bash everyone. As DC Talk says"we are anti everybody call it paranoia". John MacArthur's responce is oppose everything not associated with him. Instead of reading Bell we go on what third parties have said. We tell believers not to read Bell. It will corrupt us. Let's be Bereans. Let's test the spirits not nuke everything we don't know about. Let's test things not judge it until we are sure. All I'm saying is give Rob Bell a chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment